Results for: fines Archives - Kriger Law Firm

Payment Under Protest

Civil Code section 5658 creates a process where disputed fines or other charges can be resolved in small claims court. Before an owner can challenge a disputed fine or charge imposed by the Association they are required to make a payment under protest. The law provides that when a dispute exists between an owner andContinue Reading >